Building a solid foundation for a Data Catalog with a Universal Business Glossary™ Webcast Nov 21st 2:00 pm EST
Follow a proven, tested plan to jump start your Data Catalog program and achieve a common business language.
A practical approach to minimizing misunderstandings and risk when developing a commonly accepted vocabulary of business terms
Gone are the days where organizations can manually develop a Business Glossary from scratch.
Many glossary initiatives have started and stopped or have spent way too much time, and cost, due to ineffective processes and template structures when trying to develop a commonly accepted vocabulary of business terms.
Discover how to reuse template definitions to save time and cost, all while increasing the quality of your business glossary.
In this part of the session, you will learn:
- How to jump-start development of a business glossary
- How to develop an effective process for developing the glossary using templates
- Examples of re-usable terms and definitions for some of the most critical glossary items
erwin Data Catalog connects the business meaning with the data specification
Companies need to know what data they have and understand what it means in common, standardized terms so that they can act to the benefit of the organization.
Data Catalogs are a combination of a Business Glossary and a Data Dictionary; which gives stakeholders the ability to view information that is relevant to their roles and within a business context.
During this part of the presentation we will demonstrate the following features:
- Exploring the Universal Business Glossary™ by reviewing an easy to navigate structure, naming of business terms and consistency of definitions
- Managing the Universal Business Glossary™ via the erwin Data Catalog, showing the searching, associating and linage of the business term to the organizations data specification
- Quickly identify the impact and lineage required to manage change
- Effectively manage changes within your data catalog to avoid miscommunication
Vice President, Sandhill Consultants
Robert Lutton, leads Sandhill Consultants and is responsible for creating an organization that delivers technology, service, products and training in the areas of Enterprise Data Governance, Business Glossary, Data Catalog, Data Architecture and Data Modeling.
Sandhills vision is to develop, market and deliver innovative solutions of exceptional value in the areas of Enterprise Modeling, Universal Data Modeling, Universal Business Glossary and Data Catalog Space.
Sandhill Consultants is a certified CMMI / DMM Partner and is focus is enhancing data as an asset via practices and technology to maximize investment in data management. Sandhill delivers solutions that enable organizations to enhance the value of their data by including best practices supported by robust data management technology.
Robert continues to guide Sandhill Consultants growth and will continue to lead the organization to expand its reach in key aspects of the Enterprise Data Management business.